Friday 22 February 2013

First Job of the Year

So here I am away housesitting, my first job of the year! It's been eagerly awaited and finally here.  I am looking after one dog, four cats and four chickens.

The dog is gorgeous even though she shakes the walls with her deep loud snoring! The four cats are beautiful  a black one with no tail, a ginger tom, a calico and a long haired tabby. The chickens are just chickens enough said!

I've spent the week calling the ginger cat Ginger only to find out at the end of the week he is called Garfield! The four cats became five at several meal times, not sure where the fifth tabby came from but her acting was brilliant and no one would believe she didn't belong.

I am living in a massive long french style house with rooms going off rooms going off rooms.  When at one end of the house you cannot here the phone ringing in the other end of it.  I have had the luxury of central heating all the time I've been here which is something I don't have at home.

The dog has become my best friend and even sits with me in the toilet and the cats are all waiting for me for cuddles, strokes and food. I think I must be a cat person as no matter how scared they are of me to start with they are always wanting hugs and kisses by the end of my stay.

The dog walks have been a Siberian experience with thick frosts and arctic winds that freeze your brain and render your fingers useless.

I go home with a days pay for some people but a weeks work for me, but happy in the knowledge that I've made new furry friends, have a new client and its better to have a little than nothing at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment