Friday 16 May 2014

Juggle Juggle Juggle

The last few weeks on the 'Funny Farm' have been a mixture of running and juggling.  Trying to slot in all sorts strange things into the usual daily muck and muddle.

Last week my Dad came back from a visit to family in the UK.  He arrived back at 2am and set the whole farm off barking, squawking, meowing and growling.  After being woken up its always hard to get back to sleep and means the day ahead is just a blur. He came back with chocolate and two bottles of Baileys so looks like my diet will have to wait a bit longer.

The rain sun rain sun sort of weather we have been having has made the grass grow so high I disappeared when trying to hang the washing up.  There I was wading through the long grass hoping not to tread on a snake trying to make it to the washing line.  When there I had a small line of slightly shorter grass, having pegged up all the clothes I stood back to view the clean washing swaying in the long grass with only the pegs on show!

The trouble is my strimmer is too big for me to use and I cannot get it started.  The other problem is the mower has a blunt blade and a wire which has come unattached!  I did at one point resort to a pair of scissors to cut some of the long course grass from around the concrete pots just so you can see the little purple flowers.  I was lucky enough to have a lovely friend come over and strim some of the garden, enough for me to use a borrowed mower to battle the war of the green stuff.  The mower I borrowed was not very powerful and not really fit to tackle the mass of thick, thin, tufts, course, silky and tough grass that covers the front of my house and is known as my lawn!  Not quite the same as the lovely lawn I had in the UK.  It was silky bright green and level.  The grass here has massive holes in it which are big enough for the mower and me to fall down and with all the thick grass you are unaware you are about to follow the mower and plunge head first down a hole.  Something that I did a few times last week.  After a lot of blood, sweat and tears the green stuff is now only a couple of inches tall.  We are getting there!

Apart from that I have spent a few hours with a friend, laughing, breathing in, carrying boxes over my head, heaving, pushing,  peering, taking pictures and stacking.  All in the name of helping and being a good friend.  It's amazing how much fun you can have doing a grueling job.

Also on the agenda this week has been the hospital, Dad had several teeth out and 6 stitches.  He is now on a cold liquid diet for a few days.  Then we had to go to the Doctors and the Pharmacie and the Tax office.  The internet live box packed up and the phone now doesn't work, now have to wait until next week for them to send out an engineer.  I also found out you have to order a cheque book in France they don't just see you have used your last one and send you another as happens in the UK.  So now I have to wait over a week to get a new one.

I am now on a lovely housesit but have found out I am allergic to Tonkinese cats fur and my eyes are swollen, red and running.  Strange as I have 21 cats at home and have no problem and I'm sitting with a dog and cat curled around me and looking at a book called 'Fifty Sheds Damper' with a wipe clean cover!! hahahaha






1 comment:

  1. So it's life as usual then on the funny farm :-) I always enjoy your posts, Rosie. You should write a book about this. It would go down a storm! Have you read Michael Wright's C'est La Folie (or something like that). Very good! You could do something similar from a woman's perspective!

    ReplyDelete