Thursday 3 July 2014

The BBQ

Well today I am sitting in the sun under a large umbrella watching the guest dogs play on the grass and the many cats pouncing and playing with each other.  I am also wondering why.  I am wondering why I agreed to having a BBQ this weekend.  I must have been mad, when, with not a care in the world, excitedly I said yes what a great idea lets have a BBQ!!  Forgetting that the BBQ had been resting in a dark corner of the barn for several years and was covered in straw, cobwebs, cat prints (possible cat wee too!) and bugs of all description, plus it had been used to stand plant pots and soil on.

So yesterday my daughter and I dragged out this massive BBQ with only one wheel and a stump so the process was difficult, to say the least, as it was heavy.

I then spent the best part of the day steam cleaning, jet washing and scrubbing it in an effort to get it up to standard.  Then came the moment of truth, would it start.  I managed to screw on the gas bottle and then nothing!  No not a puff, squirt or smell of gas came from the jets.  I tried matches and blowing on it and even gave it a shake.  I then unscrewed the gas bottle and tried again.  This time I could hear the gas escaping  hoorah you say, not too soon I say, it still wouldn't start.  I then tried the matches again as the ignition has no turn press and hold function anymore and was welded into one position 'off'!!  Low and behold a whoosh of gas and the jets ignited hoorah we all said whoop whoop I hear you saying!

I then left in on for a long time to burn off any further rust and unwanted deposits.  So today I will be attacking it with a wire brush and a further jet wash and steam.  Then I thought I might cook dinner on it tonight and if we survive without any nasty after effects I think we can all say the BBQ is good to go!!!

The other jobs before people arrive at the Funny Farm are, change broken toilet seat,  not sure the guests would appreciate a pinched bum cheek as there is a knack of sitting on it without pain! Bag up washing and hide, clear hallway to toilet of dog paraphernalia, drag over chairs from storage, cut ever growing grass again and make sure all poo is picked up just prior to guests arriving and then put corks up dogs bums for duration of BBQ.  I also have to make flans, cook cakes roast stuff, chop things and make sure outside table is washed and all trace of cat paws have been removed before putting food on!!

So I say again WHY did I agree to such a silly idea and why has everyone said yes to coming!!!

Funny Farm Open for BBQ this weekend anyone with a strong stomach and partially sighted is welcome hahahaha






2 comments:

  1. I thought you were meant to be taking things easy? Twit. :D

    Have a wonderful evening, you deserve it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know total madness! If you fancy it you are more than welcome, unless my ramblings have put you off hahaha rust poisoning is on the menu if you want to stay safe then go for the cheese and tomato flan!!!

    ReplyDelete