Saturday 26 July 2014

The tale of the fiery crotch

Well I am sure if I said to you fiery crotch you would be tempted to say lucky you. Well let me tell you there was no 'lucky me' the day I was inflicted with this terrible condition!!

I had inadvertently bought some trousers in the sale.  As I thought nice patterned ones which would do for a summer.  Being unaware of their fibre content and thinking they felt like mostly cotton with a little, shall we say, stretch ability added.

I decided to wear them on what turned out to be one of the hottest days this year and a day I was going to be travelling, in the car around France, for most of it!

Well donning these slacks in the morning light when the sun was just up and the temperature had only just begun to rise,  was no problem.

The problem arose about an hour into the day and while driving in sweltering temperatures I could feel the heat rising in my crotch and feeling like a fire had started.

Telling my daughter was no comfort as she just laughed!  As the day went on I was so uncomfortable that the thought of just ripping them off and driving in my pants was definitely an option that might have come to fruition.

Have you ever felt so uncomfortable that you would be happy to run around naked if it meant the discomfort was stopped?  Well that's how I felt.

The feeling of fire trapped within your trousers is the most unpleasant feeling ever.  I ended up at one of my stops taking them off for a bit of light relief. When looking at the label there it was in tiny type thermal qualities!!!

I now know why they were being sold off in the summer at such a bargain price and have learnt to read labels before going out in thermal trousers when the temperature is in the late 30s!

Needless to say my legs were red and I would say felt burnt and my daughter was happy to tell everyone I was suffering from nappy rash hahaha

Always fun on the Funny Farm!

1 comment:

  1. Hello lovely rosibud :-) Yes, I have had just this feeling, only with me it's been when I've been cycling in work clothes in the heat. Awful! I tend to wear the sort of trousers that don't need ironing when I'm teaching as I never have time for ironing, but that means they have artificial fibres in them and when you're cycling on a hot day, it's sheer hell. Not just the burning crotch but the sweatiness too. I arrive at work a dripping blob and it's sooo embarrassing when you try to teach and your face is gleaming. I've learnt now…when the weather's good, I don't cycle to work. Nuts isn't it? xxx

    ReplyDelete