Friday 31 October 2014

The case of the unknown knickers

Picture this if you will, I live in the middle of nowhere on a rural farm, a few fields from the nearest road and only fields and forests around.

This morning the sun is shining and the wind is blowing nicely, I have washing on ready to slap on the line, making the most of the, out of character, October sun.  The wind turbines are whooshing around at great speed today too and all is well. The animals are sunning themselves in the warmth of the sun and the dogs are lazing around as usual.  The geese, ducks and chickens are all busying themselves in the mass of grass and growth around the farm.

My daughter and I are eating porridge and planning the day when she says to me 'whats that hanging on the well pump Mum?'  Looking out the window I see something black floating around in the wind.  Having no idea what it could be and thinking it must be a back plastic bag that had been blown in that direction and got caught on the pump I go outside to investigate further. Getting closer I could see it was an item of clothing.  When I got to the well pump I said to my daughter, 'it's only a pair of knickers!'

Taking them off the pump and holding them up, my daughter said 'well they aren't mine'.  As they weren't mine either and definitely not my father's or my son's we looked at each other, laughed and said in unison 'where the hell did they come from then!!!

How could a pair of sun bleached black size 14 F&H knickers find themselves onto our farm and lodge themselves on the well pump?  Having no neighbours nearby and being so far away from anyone how could they get here?  I seriously doubt that someone would drive up to our farm and throw their knickers in the direction of the pump.

If anyone has visited me lately and found they left without their knickers please contact me as they may well be yours!!

Strange but true

Unexplained happenings on the Funny Farm

3 comments:

  1. WELL its not me !!! hahahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha they are yours if you want them no one has claimed them yet !!

      Delete
  2. Bizarre! Well if you're close to the turbines, maybe that would explain it. Perhaps they've travelled a long way!

    ReplyDelete