Wednesday 29 October 2014

The Tale of the Shower Head Part 2

After all the effort I went through to get a fully functional, comfortable shower, today my daughter turned on the shower and before she could do the swooping motion to check the temperature of the cascading water, the shower head disintegrated and water burst out in every angle drowning the bathroom and my daughter.

The first I heard of it was the squeals of horror as boiling hot water shot around the bathroom at great speed.  I ran into the bathroom to see what was happening with dog in toe only to be met with water happily jetting itself on every wall.

The dog made a hasty retreat in case it was his turn for a shower as I tried to wade through the water to turn the taps off.

When examining the shower head I found the part where the water comes out had come unattached from the head itself. So there I was dripping wet trying to fix it.  I suddenly had an idea the old shower had a good head as it was only the attachment that had cracked and broken.

So there we were, daughter in a little towel and me dripping wet, tiptoeing into the garage, trying to avoid dead mice and mud, looking for the old shower head, at this point a touch of deja vu crept in.

Finding the old shower head we triumphantly tiptoed back into the bathroom.  Then came  the job of trying to unscrew the broken shower head, which was stuck solid due to being outside for a few weeks lying in mud under the gorse bushes.  Then I had the job of trying to unscrew the old shower head which was stuck fast due to limescale and old age!  After 5 minutes we both shouted 'hoorah' as we had successfully attached the old shower head on. Then came the moment of truth as we turned on the taps and hay presto water cascaded out!

I did wonder again how many other people have had to go through this twice in one week just to have a shower!

Another day, another disaster conquered

Fun on the damp Funny Farm!!

2 comments:

  1. Every day's an adventure, Heather! I'd so love to come and share your days with you sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great info! I recently across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have.
    kitchenbathguides

    ReplyDelete