Saturday 29 December 2012

3 am Breakfasts & Barking

Well the run up to Christmas in France is about the same as any other day in the year.  The traffic increases by a few cars and they have an 'open exceptional' which means the shops stay open for a few hours on a Sunday! There is the Christmas Red Cross wrapping service and a Papa Noel sitting on a red chair surrounded by white twigs and fake snow.

At home we have a real Christmas tree this year as someone we know chopped down their tree and offered us the top.  This was great although we had to cut off most of it to wedge it into out house it is now in place with the sad little baubles and tinsel with a few little twinkling lights.

Christmas is a time when many of the English people rush back to the UK to be with family and so my business of looking after pets becomes very busy.

So a few days ago I took charge of a few dogs and cats, some of which were with me for 2 days, some for a weeks, some for just a few hours.  After spending a bit of time sorting them out and getting them in the right places so they have the best stay.

Well having so many dogs in the house is a noisy affair as they bark at any little thing and it only takes one to set them all off.

So This morning I went into see my Dad in his part of the house and he greets me with 'Oh yours back'!  I said back from where Dad?  He said the Christmas Markets, I see you went off at 3am so I got up and had breakfast and waited for you to come home.  I panicked thinking my car must be stolen, jumping to the window looking out to my relief the car was still there.  So I said the car is still there, he said well you said you were going out so I just knew you were gone!!

So what with out door dogs barking, indoor dogs barking, cats meowing, chickens crowing, fathers breakfasting in the middle of the night its a mad house most of the time! Im just hoping that the 3am breakfast is a one off and doesn't become a regular thing.

The Christmas pet sitting rush will soon be over and all the dogs will be back in their rightful homes and peace will resume on the funny farm.

Just want to wish all my readers a very healthy and happy 2013 and meet you again in the new year with more fun and laughter from the funny farm x


No comments:

Post a Comment