Friday 7 December 2012

Rescue Me!

As I drove down the tiny path from our farm to the country road, the weather was cold wet and windy, i could see two tiny white blobs on the path in front of me.  As I drove closer they didn't move and I could see they were kittens.  I phoned my daughter to get the wire basket and come to meet me on the path.

The path

As we approached these tiny kittens they cried out.  We expected them to run away but they just sat there in the path crying and waiting to be picked up.  We gathered them up put them in the basket and took them home.  

When inside we examined them, they were filthy, cold, thin, shaking and wet.  We gave them both a warm bath and it would be no exaggeration to say the water looked like mud at the end of it.  We dried them off and gave them both a bowl of baby cat milk.  We then applied worm treatment on them and checked for fleas.  After all the cleaning, feeding and de worming/flea treatments they settled down in front of the log burner together and went to sleep.  

We have 15 cats now in various stages of kitten hood to old age moggy.  After the initial hissing and sniffing the pack of cats accepted our new little bundles and they are rushing around the house playing and getting into mischief. 

People ask me why I picked them up when I have so many cats and I say how could I leave two tiny little babies cold, wet and hungry - I just couldn't 


Here they are with my daughter and our other newest kitten who is getting quite big now.  He was rescued on the road one day all cold and hungry and is now in our loving household too.

No comments:

Post a Comment