Friday 5 April 2013

Have I 'made it'?

I question a lot of things these days and today it was the question 'could I say I've made it?'

A strange question but it is one I hear a lot and people boast about 'making it' it such a way you could feel quite envious!

Before you decide whether you have 'made it' or not you have to decide what you goals were to start with and what would constitute 'making it' for you.

When I look at my life while counting out 9 euros in coins so I can buy some dog food and milk and seeing if I have enough for bread, I wonder what my 'made it' is.

I listen on the news about people with low income and struggling and wonder if they had as little as us would they still moan about the benefits system.  On every 48 euro I earn I have to pay 9 euros in tax and in March 48 euro was all I earned.  So to keep everyone fed and watered is an art in itself and one I have mastered over the last few years.

So my question again is 'have I made it?'.  I would say yes.  I've made it away from David Hitchcock who conned my whole family out of every penny and all their inheritance.  I made it away from the smog and crowded living.  I made it away from a very stressful busy job.  I made it away from the fast pace of living.  I've also made it back to my family.  I've made more time to be with them.  I made my mothers last few months loving and comfortable.  I've made my dear dads meals for the last few years.  I've made ends meat for 4 years.  I've rescued many animals who without me would now be dead.  I've made a new business and started drawing and painting again.  I've made loads of lovely new friends and clients.  I might have no money but I am rich is so many other ways and the fact that I like to think positive and always see the good side of things means its easier to say 'I've made it'.

So do I think I've 'MADE IT'

YES I DO!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment