Monday 19 March 2012

All things Rural

Well here we are Monday again.  Today I had a lie in while sitting in bed reading my book and sipping coffee I suddenly heard the sound on tyres on gravel.  To my horror someone had driven into the courtyard.  I jumped out of bed and with one swift moment I rushed into the bathroom in a vein attempt to make out I was showering! There was this lovely lady standing there I made my apologies for being still in my pjs at 11 in the morning.  Although I had done a lot of things but had gone back to bed! After she left I thought I would be all industrious and split some wood ready for the evening.  Well this proved more difficult than originally thought.  Picking up the axe which was so heavy I nearly fell over backward when swinging it over my head.  Looking around to make sure no one was watching I swung it with all the strength I could muster and missed totally.  Tried again and splintered a tiny wedge off the end.  I tried for at least 10 minutes with little or no success.  The last strike went into the log and that was it wedged solid and I was unable to remove it so that was the end of my physical activity for the day,. Looks like no fire tonight!! i then had a look twitter only to read something written by a very beautiful model that long legs+short torso=short skirts for her!! Made me wonder what my style is sort legs+short torso= bin bag for me then !!! Anyway I shall leave you today with one of my poems!!!!
Will you still love me when I'm old and grey 
When my knees don't bend and I'm not a good lay
Will you still love me when my breats are all droopy
My feet turn in and my backs all stoopy
Will you still love me when I forget all that's said
And sleep is all we do when we go to bed
Will you still love me when I can't hear a thing 
I can't cheer you up unscrew a top or sing 
Will you still want me when I'm old and frail 
Or will I find me on ebay up for sale
Will you still hug me and hold me real tight
Or will I be locked in a room out of sight
Will you still love me when I'm old and grey 
Will you still love me forever and a day 

1 comment:

  1. i used to enjoy spitting wood when i lived in the wilderness
    David in Maine USA

    ReplyDelete