Sunday 11 March 2012

The Tea Cup

I was driving back to my housesit and I remembered, with a smile, back to when I first started work.  A young thin 16 year old who was full of life and energy, just embarking on life.  I started work in a very old fashioned printing factory where I was a receptionist/clerk.  This was the best think in the world I loved it so much I spoke to all the clients and made the tea and filed and did general office work.  Being an old fashioned business owned by two old brothers we had china tea cups and saucers.  One day, while making the tea, I broke a handle off one of the posh cups.  In a panic I decided to glue it back on.  Not being very handy I didnt realise it should be super glue so just used this glue I found in a draw.  Forgetting I had glued it I made the tea and distributed it around the bosses and managers and general office workers.  The last one was the big boss as I gave him his tea he started to ask me questions being all friendly and caring.  As I began to answer he picked up the cup and proceeded to draw it to his lips.  As I spoke answering his questions I watched in horror as the glue of the handle melted with the heat of the tea and the cup slowly slipped away from him and the tea gracefully fell into his lap.  As I dashed about in a sorry panic and vigorously rubbing the wet patch I realised it I was rubbing his privates!! Totally red and embarrassed I ran away to the toilets praying I had not just lost my job!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. More likely you got a rise, Heather. :D

    ReplyDelete